Mars stands for our passion in the natal chart. Where the Mars symbol lies, there we feel strongly and passionately about. And because of this passion, we pour our energies over and over into aspects of life correlated to that position.
Take for example my chart. When I was born, Mars was in the area of the sky that corresponds to the beginning of Virgo.* And Virgo energy is practical, logical, crafty, highly organized, efficient and meticulous to a fault. Now you know what I am passionate about – efficiency. I absolutely detest and hate inefficiency and chaos. Can you hear my Mars speaking? When it comes to tidiness and organization, I cannot even bring myself to use more neutral words. I always hate this or detest that with passion!
Just writing about this makes me all agitated (another Mars word). In fact, I will probably have to give myself a Small Intestine flow after I finish this article. For those of you who followed last December’s experiment, you know that Small Intestine Function Energy is the counterpart to Virgo in the 12-fold division. Small Intestine Function comes also with extra perks this time of the year. It is THE FLOW for winter labels – colds, flu, etc. It’s the best flow to help alleviate sore throat symptoms.
If your Mars is located somewhere else (and it will more likely be), check the following table to see how well it matches with the issues you are passionate about.
- In Aries – Competition, Proving yourself, Being first, Beginning projects
- In Taurus – Material Stability, Connection with Nature, Plants and Animals
- In Gemini – News, Information, Writing, Talking, Finding Things Out
- In Cancer – Comfort and Care, Feelings, Nesting, Cozy-ness
- In Leo – Creativity, Fun, Dramatic Expression, Being in the Spotlight
- In Virgo – Efficiency, Organization, Utility, Service
- In Libra – Peace Making, Getting along, Harmony, Justice, Loyalty
- In Scorpio – The Ultimate Truth, Hidden Treasures, Honesty, Courage, Facing the Scary, Facing the Hidden
- In Sagittarius – Adventure, Exploration, Boundless Expansion, Freedom to explore
- In Capricorn – Solid Foundations, Structure, Boundaries, Building Structures, Executing Projects
- In Aquarius – Scientific Discoveries, Humanitarian Improvement, Tinkering, Trying new things
- In Pisces – Out-of-this World Interests, Music, Spirit, Dreams, Humanitarian Projects, Volunteering
Don’t forget that Mars is only one aspect of your psyche, and that there are at least nine other points of focus, including Saturn about which we have already talked. The traits above do not need to define your personality. Only, they reflect what you approach with passion, relentless energy.
Give yourself some peace from the Martian drives by harmonizing the corresponding Function Energy from the 12-fold Division. It will be a good flow every time when you lack motivation to do things, or find yourself over-doing and over-driving yourself recklessly.
How to find Mars
There are many places on the Internet that will give you the position of any planet at the time of your birth. Just search for “free astrological chart”. You will need to give them the date, time, and place of your birth but nothing else. Avoid sites that ask you to subscribe, for your email address, name or other irrelevant data! Here is one acceptable place that will find the planetary locations for you without asking you to disclose unnecessary private information.
The correspondence between the signs and the 12-fold Function Energy is: (1) Aries/Lung; (2) Taurus/Large Intestine; (3) Gemini/Stomach; (4) Cancer/Spleen; (5) Leo/Heart; (6) Virgo/Small Intestine; (7) Libra/Bladder; (8) Scorpio/Kidney; (9) Sagittarius/Diaphragm; (10) Capricorn/Umbilicus; (11) Aquarius/Gall Bladder; (12) Pisces/Liver Function Energy.
*Here and throughout the article, I refer to the Tropical Zodiac of Western Astrology and not to the Sidereal Zodiac of the Vedic Tradition.
Here is an article on Saturn and the 29-yr cycle in our life. For more JSJ articles, check out the Archives Page. If you want to learn more but have no access to instructors or resources in your area, you may be interested in the self-paced online classes that I created on Udemy. You can always contact me with questions via email.