I was feeling down the dumps. I slept badly at night, felt sluggish throughout the day, and didn’t feel like doing anything at all. So, I decided to harmonize my Spleen Function Energy today. I plopped myself on the bed – on my back, knees bent, feet square on the bed – and played quiet music while going through the steps of the harmonizing sequence. After the 4th song (each about 3-5 minutes), the room appeared lighter despite the heavy overcast outside. Lightness as a feeling and sight settled over me. It felt good.
A harmonious flow of the Spleen Function Energy, we learn in our basic 5-Day JSJ seminars, gives us a boost of energy and hence of our immunity. It helps run-down conditions when we feel exhausted after prolonged illness or work. It lifts our spirits and brings sunshine to life.
After many months of pandemics, political and civil turmoil, economic downturns, social isolation, and uniquely individual dramas, I would imagine not many of us will refuse the gift of harmonized Spleen Function Energy. Here is how to receive it.
- Place the right hand on the coccyx and the left on the Left SEL 5 inner ankle).*
- Place the left hand on the Right SEL 14 (bottom of the ribcage)
- Remove the right hand from the coccyx and place it on the Left SEL 13 (mid-chest area)
- Place the right hand finally on the Right SEL 22 (clavicle)
- Place the left hand on the coccyx and the right on the Right SEL 5 (inner ankle).*
- Remove the right hand from the ankle and place it on the Left SEL 14 (bottom of the ribcage).
- Remove the left hand from the coccyx and place it on the Right SEL 13 (mid-chest).
- Place the left hand finally on the Left SEL 22 (clavicle).
*If SEL 5 is hard to reach, you can place your hand on the inner knee at SEL 1 or simply on the public bone.
This sequence, albeit with different names, is given not only in our Text 2 on page 17, but also in Mary Burmeister’s Self Help Books (SH1, p.43), and Alice Burmeister’s The Touch of Healing (TH, p. 135).
Be still and let the fears go.
You are provided with nourishment and love
So that you may find contentment
Wherever you are!